Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2015-07-27

To The Moon & Back

Sardines? Oh yes, please!
A fantastic idea how to alter a used and unwanted food can.
Recycling into masterpiece ! Check out Janka's amazing art.


I like using materials which were originally designed for something else. I like altering those things, giving them second life and making them very special, even if I thought to throw them out at first.
I created a frame. Pardon... first, we ate the sardines from this metal can. :)


To begin, I cleaned the metal can keeping the opening as a hanger.
I covered my frame with white gesso and dried. I painted all with Silks.
I glued some paper bits inside the can to create my background. I used some pages from an old book and silk paper.


I added some Micro Beads which I coloured with Silks Bolivian Blue paint - I love this colour, it's my favourite colour which I use in most of my projects.

To create some stains I used sprays from Lindy's Stamp Gang.
The little wings are a stamp from Prima Moth Wings set. I stamped two sets which I cut out to create a dimensional effect. I added a small metal embellishment in the middle. 




I coloured everything with Inka Gold rubs and added a sticker from Destination Unknown collection. Hook on the back and my picture frame is ready.

Cans are great for frames, you can add some photographs in the middle too and it will look great !



Products from Mixed Media Place:

9 comments:

  1. Oh my! That's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea... Using an empty can from sardines.. Fabulous idea !!!! Just LOVE and ADORE your project.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your can looks totally wonderful and awesome! I love the colors and the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic idea and end result! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can-Tastic, I mean Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.